Silverado Posting & Discussion

This is the place to discuss the various Star Traks series and stories.
Captain Silverado

Re: Silverado Posting & Discussion

Post by b-guy »

New Silverado!

It's party time! As if the title didn't give that away. But between the possible hatching of an egg, the possible kidnapping and/or assault of Dr. Wowryk from said party and the distinct possibility that somebody might get set on fire, it's probably best not to think of this party as an actual party. Death-trap might be more precise. Or at least 'event of malfeasance'.

http://www.khobrah.net/silver

http://www.star-traks.com

Brendan
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Silverado Comments - 6.1 to 6.4

I'm a bit overdue with these, huh?

So here's what happened. I sat down to start a new Silverado story months ago. I wrote a Portal 2 based bit, with the crew running a mechanized obstacle course, then about Jeffery trying to rescue Wowryk from a bunch of reporters. Then I forgot all about it. A couple months later I started writing the first of three books that would wrap up the Matria Prime story arc. Yeah. I tried that with Season 5. And once again, I decided I needed a full season. Of course, I'd already written the first two books at that point. So Book 1 was broken into Silverado 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3.

Then I remember that I ALREADY HAD STARTED Silverado 6.1. So the Book 1 was broken into 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4. And I went back and finished what would become Silverado 6.1

Confused yet? Yeah. It's all my fault.

Silverado 6.1 wound up incorporating a few ideas I'd tossed Alan's way, but that I didn't have a way to fit into the books. I really wanted to do a piece with somebody scheming after Silverado's saucer as part of Waystation-2...but I couldn't really think of a character that would work well as the villian...until I starting thinking about who I might want to bring back from earlier seasons. And enter Carly! I enjoyed writing her, after Alan let me borrow her. The thing is, the whole 'defeat her with kindness' thing that Wowryk came up with wasn't my original plot plan. The 'destroy her in front of the media' thing that Wowryk mentioned as Plan B had been my original plan. Buuut...the thing is, Carly wasn't actually a bad person. Just...misunderstood. And a bit perverted.

6.2 to 6.4, as I mentioned, was supposed to be the first book wrapping up the Matrian arc. It was to outline the frustrations of the crew stuck on this planet, the growing dissatisfaction of the crew, Stafford trying to deal with being a government drone, and Sylvia's experiments in robotics. Oh, that IS going somewhere, but it's going to take a while to develop. Nuff said.

I also wanted to address just how Silverado and Halfway to Haven could have concurrent seasons aboard Haven without constantly running into each other. Of course, from H2H Season 1 we know the Silverado crew doesn't really play any part until 'You Will Be Infested'. So I had to come up with Tunney's instructions to stay away from the Haven crew to keep up the continuity. But it's been fun putting a few mentions in where I can.

Other key events...uh, maybe the birth of Yanick and T'Parief's child? Or rather, hatching? Yeah...I don't know where the egg karate chop came from, but I new I was using it as soon as it entered my mind. And the setting people on fire? I don't know. Maybe I'd been drinking or something.

Jeffery & Dekaire's relationship, along with Wowryk and...uh...that doctor guy. I dunno. They're there, but I'm not even sure where I'm going with them yet.

Also, that thing with Stafford's booby-trapped kettle? Yeah...that really happened. To me. My troops thought it was hilarious. (In all fairness, so did I.)
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

New Silverado!

Silverado 6.6 - Sweet Escapes

It's been months since the Silverado crew arrived in the Matrian system. Months and months and months. After going through Matrian politics, Qu'Eh attacks, a full out Qu'Eh invasion and all the joy it entailed, you'd think that would be it. But no. Now they've got to deal with over-eager fans, mountains of paperwork and scheming reporters. Oh, also in this story: Why T'Parief isn't allowed to have Neopolitan ice cream.

www.khobrah.net/silver

www.star-traks.com

Brendan
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

New Silverado!

Silverado 6.6: Incognito

Finally! A mission! An escape! A chance to seek out new life, and all that fun stuff. On the other hand, maybe seeking out new life while flying an enemy ship isn't all that great an idea. On the other hand, it's easy enough to send a heads-up in order to avoid any misunderstandings. Or at least you would think so...

And apologies for the delay.

www.khobrah.net/silver
www.star-traks.com
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

New Silverado!

Silverado 6.7: Unplanned Consequences

Everybody's rushing. Stafford and crew are rushing to figure out how to cross friendly territory in an enemy ship without being blown to pieces, and Sylvia is trying to figure out whether or not her small army of construction bots is about to embark on quest of galactic domination...or just a quest to drive her out of her mind. Like any typical children.

www.khobrah.net/silver
www.star-traks.com
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

New Silverado!

Silverado 6.8: DIstractions - Part I

Kallar IV was supposed to be a nice, easy mission. Drop off a captured enemy ship, take a quick look around, then leave. Of course, finding a big, hidden and decently armed fleet does tend to put a damper on one's plans. But something's not right on Kallar IV...of course.

www.khobrah.net/silver

www.star-traks.com
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

New Silverado!

Silverado 6.8: Distractions - Part II

Yes, I'm late. And I'm sorry.

Something's fishy on Kallar IV. The Hazardous Team sets out to solve the mystery if the big giant fleet parked in the middle of nowhere, the Beta Shift is off looking for addictions help groups...not for themselves, although some of them need it, and Stafford and the senior staff dive into the question of just what the heck is going on with these screwed up people. The Kallars, not their subordintes. Well, them too.

www.khobrah.net/silver

www.star-traks.com
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

New Silverado!

Silverado 6.10 - Parental Guidance

Sylvia never planned to be a mother. Oh, she may play mother to most of the crew, but when one is an artificial intelligence with a multi-million tonne body, one does not plan for parenthood. But with Haven's robotic shipbuilders in near revolt, it's time for Sylvia to put her foot down. Nacelle. Whatever.

This story marks the end of the first half of Season 6, and the beginning of the mid-season break. By which I mean 'Yeah, I'm out of stories at the moment and need time to get caught up.' There will be six more coming, and I'm currently on 6.12. Sooo...figure a few months.

www.khobrah.net/silver
www.star-traks.com
Working on:

Website Upgrades
El yerno no favorito

Post by Star Traks »

Nice story

'...That boat's full of holes. But it has a
reasonably good pump system. And life jackets...'

:D

Hope all is going well for Forum members - Happy New Year!
Distant Origin 3.23 Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
Chakotay: [referring to injury] Do you always harpoon the local wildlife?
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Hey all,

So I've come to the realization that the second half (last third?) of Silverado Season 6 is coming a bit more slowly than planned. Between a demanding work schedule, time spent on other hobbies and the demands of everyday life, I'm just not getting as much written as I'd hoped.

Season 6 will still be completed. As it stands now I have three more stories all finished up, and a fourth is 9,000 words in. Once it's finished, that leaves the season finale.

Here's the thing: I don't want to rush the finale. I also don't really want to do a smaller end to Season 6 and leave the finale idea for a book, because based on the past, that would lead to Season 7. And I'd like to work on Howlers and Halfway to Haven again at some point.

So what's probably going to happen? Well, I'm going to go ahead and post these four stories, one every two weeks, once the fourth one is finished. If the finale isn't finished in the two months that will take (almost guaranteed it won't be), then I'll take another pause until I finish it up.

To the literally half-dozens of Silverado fans across the world, I apologize for the delay. But this will be completed!

Brendan
Working on:

Website Upgrades