2009 Wrap-Up/2010 Preview

This is the place to discuss the various Star Traks series and stories.
Head Traks Guy

2009 Wrap-Up/2010 Preview

Post by cmdrajd »

A new year is upon us, so it is time for me to once again look at back at the Traks of 2009 (which won't take long) and talk about what's coming up this year.

2009 - Saying that there's not much to report here is something of an understatement. For the first time since the beginning of the site, I think I went an entire year without posting anything. And due to the ravages of real life, the other authors weren't far behind me. B-Guy was our main source of new material with his Crash Course series and a Silverado special. Also, this Spring, our esteemed Queen of BorgSpace who wrapped up the long-running series in fine fashion. Mad Lensman hit us with a new Origins this Summer, and BorgCrazy stepped up at the end of the year with a new (and really long. Sorry, BC, I'm still working through it) Governor's Song.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but unfortunately most of the details were lost in the other big event of 2009, the crash of the Forum. So far, the new one is functioning well. Hopefully it will stay that way. Beyond that, there's not much to say. Obviously 2009 won't go down in the annals as one of our more productive years. But looking ahead...

2010 - I am very pleased to announce that we are back with a full slate of stories for the next several months (DISCLAIMER: as long as you consider posting every other week to be a full slate). Starting the weekend of January 16/17th, Anthony Butler brings us the final three Star Traks: The Vexed Generation stories. Then, starting on the weekend of February 27/28th, B-Guy will start posting the second half of Star Traks: Silverado Season Four. And then in July, almost a whopping FIVE YEARS after the last story was posted, Anthony and I will FINALLY present the incredibly-delayed Star Traks: Boldly Gone Series Nine.

I am also hoping to finally start writing the final Waystation book. If real life is a bit kinder to me this year than has been for the last few, I may have a shot. We'll see how it goes.

Thank you all (including any lurkers who happen to read this and don't post in the forum) for continuing to be a part of Traks. Your support and interest is what keeps this all going, and I am grateful to each and every one of you. Happy New Year and here's to a productive 2010.

Alan
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
Queen of BorgSpace

Re: 2009 Wrap-Up/2010 Preview

Post by Meneks »

Aaaaand, I'd like to add in the semi-regular posting (at least for a few months) of the Star Traks: BorgSpace - Cube #238 MiniSeries. Starting Sunday January 24th, I should be posting something every other weekend until I run out of canned stories. As I already have four stories ready to go, that should keep me going for at least a couple of months.
Currently working on -
Star Traks: BorgSpace - Book 3, Part 1 - "Invocation of the Birds - Ruffled Vulture, Dusty Pheonix"

--Time is merely an illusion perpetrated by the manufacturers of space
(Anonymous)
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

I'm looking forward to posting again in a couple weeks.

I'll just add that I didn't stick very well to my original plan of writing a Silverado Trilogy to clean up the mess I've made with Season 4. It worked great for the first two books, but by the third, I was having too much trouble keeping the plotlines seperate, so I returned to the good old 10,000 word story format.

I didn't want to commit to a full season, not with RMC taking so much of my time. So rather than calling this Season 5, I've decided that Season 4 will officially end when this whole Matrian mess has been finished.

I'm about 8 stories in, with no idea how long this thing is going to be in total.
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

Well, I was working on the next Governor's Song until my computer decided to be a butthead and gave me grief about my hal.dll file being missing or corrupt. I've found some possible fixes, but I may be able to get it running before next weekend (the 20th) if I can't get my hands on an XP CD before then...
Once that gets worked out, though, my plodding writing progress (for which "glacial" is too fast a description, hah!) will continue.
Well, that's assuming I can pull myself away from Bioshock 2 long enough to pound out a few paragraphs...