Star Traks: BorgSpace - Cube #238 MiniSeries

This is the place to discuss the various Star Traks series and stories.
Queen of BorgSpace

Star Traks: BorgSpace - Cube #238 MiniSeries

Post by Meneks »

BorgSpace is back! More specifically, the fifteen story Lugger-class Cube #238 miniseries has begun! To celebrate, the first story has been released:

Welcome to the Machine - html version
Welcome to the Machine - text version

In "Welcome to the Machine", the series, including primary crew, is introduced. If you want more, I urge you to head over to the BorgSpace author forum for a much more in-depth discussion. Otherwise, just head to the above links and check it out!

Also on the BorgSpace pages, a number of updates have occurred. Most are hidden - the server the site is upon recently underwent an OS upgrade/rebuild, which in turn broke several php and cgi pages. While the php have all been fixed, several increased security measures means a bit more work needs to happen before the cgi pages are ready to go again. Still, most things should be accessible. After spending all weekend staring at php code, the cgi had to wait...else risk having bits of brain come leaking out my ears.
Currently working on -
Star Traks: BorgSpace - Book 3, Part 1 - "Invocation of the Birds - Ruffled Vulture, Dusty Pheonix"

--Time is merely an illusion perpetrated by the manufacturers of space
(Anonymous)
Makin' Traks

Re: Star Traks: BorgSpace - Cube #238 MiniSeries

Post by borgcrazy »

I am grinning like a damn fool right now.
Queen of BorgSpace

Post by Meneks »

Posted on this day is:

Have Spanner, Will Travel - web version
Have Spanner, Will Travel - text version

The Free Masons are a mysterious secret society here upon this Earth; and there are many others equally known (and unknown). However, did you know that to be a true Chief Engineer, you have to be a member of the Brotherhood of the Spanner? Well, now you do...and, shortly, Engineer will know of this fact as well. Assuming he survives the initiation.

Additional author discussion to follow over on the BorgSpace author discussion post thread. Fancy that!
Currently working on -
Star Traks: BorgSpace - Book 3, Part 1 - "Invocation of the Birds - Ruffled Vulture, Dusty Pheonix"

(Anonymous)
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

Squee!!
Queen of BorgSpace

Post by Meneks »

I can hear the fan-boy squeal from here; and I think it went ultrasonic on me. Anyway...

Posted for your BorgSpace enjoyment is:

Mess of Portage - web version
Mess of Portage - text version

Cube #238 has made it to its first port - a resupply of a research platform in the middle of nowhere. The facility is full of cognitive drones so engrossed at staring at a fracture in space-time that little distractions, like reality, hold little meaning. What could possible go wrong?

If you really want to see Author Comments, check out the secondary BorgSpace thread. Otherwise, start reading, already!
Currently working on -

(Anonymous)
Queen of BorgSpace

Post by Meneks »

Hey! I am actually keeping up with my posting schedule! For now, anyway....

Sins of the Father - Web version
Sins of the Father - Text version

This Cube #238 episode focuses upon Reserve. He claims to remember little of his past; and since his psyche was torn apart and reassembled by the Collective in order to "repurpose" him from Gray, such is probably accurate. Unfortunately, it seems his past still recalls him.

Author commentary in its usual place. Enjoy!
Currently working on -

(Anonymous)
Queen of BorgSpace

Post by Meneks »

Today, I bring to you:

The Day the Cube Stood Still - Web version
The Day the Cube Stood Still - Text version

Cube #238 has discovered a shortcut! Horray! Except...why has this shortcut not regularly used by other Collective resources, even as it is marked on Borg starcharts. Perhaps the fact that it was assimilated from a Bug navigational computer may play a minor reason. Still, when you are as behind schedule as Cube #238, sometimes risks must be taken.

Currently working on -

(Anonymous)
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

Oh funny title there - I just watched the original 1951 "The Day the Earth Stood Still" Saturday...
Queen of BorgSpace

Post by Meneks »

I am becoming overly lazy about the formatting in this subject. Oh, well.... For your story this bi-week, you have:

Best In Show - Web version
Best In Show - Text version

It is a cross between a pet show and a beauty contest...and Prime has been entered. Not on purpose, but by actions of a Q-ish nature. Will Prime take Best In Show? And how does a yo-yo figure into it?

Also, there has been some minor updating here and there at the Star Traks: BorgSpace site. Most of it is the timeline I've been promising to catch-up on for the last two years. It is now caught up! And it even works! Mostly. Outdated versions of Firefox, such as the one floating about my computer :roll: , may have trouble, but I believe browsers that aren't several years old will do just fine. That means I can now move forward on the other items on my to-do list. Anywho....

Currently working on -

(Anonymous)
Queen of BorgSpace

Post by Meneks »

Story alert! Story alert! Story is posted!

Paved With Good Intentions - Web version
Paved With Good Intentions - Text version

The DAPT - Drones Are People Too - organization has striven for many a year to support the fight the bigotry shown towards ex-drones and those of an accidentally assimilated nature. The latest target? To show that drones of the Borg Collective are slaves. And so, off goes a DAPT field team to acquire the confessions of these poor enslaved beings. By any means necessary.

Please note that this will be the last regular update for a while. Due to a combination of nice spring weather beckoning me outside, being out of canned stories, and an erratic schedule of work/training/personal travel, I have to focus on some other things. That is not to say that I will not update BorgSpace as I get the time - again, nice weather vs. computer...which do you think is going to win? - but that it will not be every-other-week.

So...author commentary in its usual place. Enjoy!
Currently working on -

(Anonymous)