Boldly Gone Update

This is the place to discuss the various Star Traks series and stories.
Head Traks Guy

Boldly Gone Update

Post by cmdrajd »

We are still planning to post the new run of Star Traks: Boldly Gone... sometime soon, but Anthony and I have decided to wait until after the final Vexed Generation stories are posted. In the meantime, I am still going to provide a quick recap of where Boldly left off. That project was a wee bit delayed by some real life events and the painful and horrible death of the old forum. Anyway, Boldly is coming soon...hopefully before the four year anniversary of the last Boldly story we posted hits in October.

Alan
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
Head Traks Guy

Re: Boldly Gone Update

Post by cmdrajd »

Um...okay. So we missed the October date. I'd love to give you the list of real life reasons this happened, but, frankly, it would just come off as a bunch of whining. Trust me. Stuff happened. Some good. A lot not so good. But we're moving on.

As for Boldly, progress on the last story to be written is creaking forward. It's a bit like starting a locomotive...that's been left out to rust...since 1883.

Anyway, as I believe has been said elsewhere, the plan is to start this run after Vexed finishes up. When is that happening? Er...I'll lob that one to Anthony.

In other news, my brain is finally starting to move toward the long-delayed Waystation book. You know, I remember a time when I used to crank these stories out. What happened? Oh yeah. Real life.

Speaking of, I've been reading a web comic called Real Life Comics (http://www.reallifecomics.com). It's really very well done and entertaining. And if you need more entertainment to fill your time, may I recommend Wil Wheaton's Memories of the Futurecast (http://www.memoriesofthefuturecast.com), which is a very funny podcast running through the first 13 episodes of the first season of Next Generation. He's up to Episode 10 currently.

So, in short, new stories are coming. I can't say when, but they are coming.

Alan
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

This is usually the point where I make some kind of lame excuse to explain why we're not ready to post the next series of Boldly...

...but not this time.

Boldly is coming this month!

Look for the Series Nine premiere during the weekend of July 17-18!

(Or you could just look for a post from me telling everyone that it's up.)

Until then, though, you may want to refresh your memory of where things left off (*cough*fiveyearsago*cough*). Here's a direct, time-saving link to the Series Eight finale:

http://www.star-traks.com/boldly/8-6-hollow.txt

See you in a couple of weeks!

Alan
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

*sets aside the Chronicles of Narnia anthology he was just about to start to re-read (again) Boldly Gone.*
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

Um...I just realized that I can't read a calendar. That July 17/18 weekend I announced for the Boldly Gone premiere is a Silverado posting weekend. Whoops.

Let's just push Boldly Gone back to July 24-25, okay?

Thanks.

Alan
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

What, we can't have two updates in a weekend? You think we can't handle that?
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

With Boldly Gone premiering this weekend, it's a good time to refresh everyone's memory about where things left off. To do just that, I am pleased to introduce the USS Anomaly's commanding officer, Captain Reginald Bain. Take it away, Captain.

“Previously on Star Traks: Boldly Gone... Previously, my arse. Blighters make it sound like the last story happened a few weeks ago. It’s been five sodding years! Right, now where did those two idiots leave us? In a right pickle! That’s where! The deranged hologram that passes itself off as James T. Kirk took over the Anomaly’s systems, dragged us into Breen space, and made us obliterate a Breen outpost before Dr. Kasyov was able to purge him from our systems. But the only way she was able to do it was to merge with the Anomaly’s computer. She’s closer to Cabral than ever now and doesn’t want to detach. Meanwhile, Engineer Selex finally followed through on his plan to kill Commander Prosak, and he’s kicked her down a Jefferies tube. Normally I’d do something about that. Reginald Bain does not stand idly by some Romulan tries to kill a member of his crew...who also happens to be Romulan. The point is that it’s dirty pool, but I couldn’t do anything about it because the Anomaly was surrounded by Breen ships demanding my head. Like the real Jim Kirk, I don’t believe in the no-win sce nario, but I didn’t see any option other than handing myself over to the Breen. And that’s where we left things...FIVE YEARS AGO! Finally, though, the two lazy bas...what’s that? Nobody controls the fate of Reginald Bain except Reginald Bain! ...Eh? Oh, very well. The two charming blokes who write this series have, after an unavoidable delay, produced a new six-story run of rip-roaring adventure that will be coming this weekend to a website near you. And it damn well better include getting me away from the bloody Breen!”

Er...thanks, Captain Bain. We'll see what we can do about that whole Breen thing.

Alan