Origins Season 2 (Continued.... Eventually)

This is the place to discuss the various Star Traks series and stories.
'Orribly Original
Location: Officially somewhere dark and unheard of, south UK.

Re: Origins Season 2 (Continued.... Eventually)

Post by Mad Lensman »

Well, it's 2010......

And time (Finally!!!) To continue the story of the Devonshir ean dher crew... I know it's been a bit of an irregular posting schedule and it's certainly been a long long time since the last story (August???? - I'm turning into Anthony and Alan here with my delayed schedules....! :lol: ) But..... For your enjoyment...!

http://traks-origins.webs.com/s2/2.11roadtest1.txt

And yes, I am aware the stupid website doesn't update (yet!) but I'm working on that too.....!

Thanks all! And Enjoy! :D
Dr. Allison Reed: It's over, it's over. You did great! Do you need anything? Can we get you anything?
Harry Block: Ice cream... I'd like an ice cream please.
Dr. Allison Reed: Okay, what flavor?
Harry Block: It doesn't matter. It's for my ass.
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

Road Test Part 1
Oh look, they broke a shuttle. Again. How many does this make? Does the counting system even go that high?
But, wait, what are those three dread words there? Oh, this may be a bit more serious than usual (well, as serious as Origins has ever been thus far anyway). I see...
The story was great, the character interactions were hilarious, as usual, but I did have one slight problem with the story - Klingon escape pods? Okay, they were necessary as a plot device, I'll give you that, but unless I missed something, Klingons don't generally employ escape pods (at least, that's my understanding. I certainly didn't design any into the veqlargh-class...) but I suppose this could have been an exception to that. Something that just occurred to me while I was typing is these are different times. Maybe these less-honorable Klingons did have escape pods.
Ignoring that, though, I couldn't help but think of the Galaxy Quest scene "But what you fail to realize is, my ship is trailing mines!" Of course, this time it was a smaller ship, and the effect was far more devastating. But, hey, Stone can now brag that he destroyed an entire Klingon cruiser with just an experimental shuttle! He'll have to edit out a few bits to make it sound better, though.
At any rate, can't wait to see how they get out of this one.
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

BorgCrazy pretty much covered most of the things I was going to say. I have to assume that the mines were an intentional homage to Galaxy Quest. I was pleasantly surprised that you took out the Klingons so quickly and abruptly. When you introduced the ship, I assumed they would be your primary antagonists for the two-parter, so I enjoyed having my expectations dashed. You've certainly set up one hell of a problem for the shuttle crew, so I will be anxiously awaiting Part II.
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
'Orribly Original
Location: Officially somewhere dark and unheard of, south UK.

Post by Mad Lensman »

Thanks for the feedback folks .... I'll try and clear up the point's raised here...

In the plans I have for the early Bird Of Prey (STIV era) There are various hull sections marked up as "Escape Vehicle" - Now I agree with you BC about Klingon's not necessarily needing such things honour etc etc etc, but I needed Klingon escape pods and by god I was gonna HAVE 'em!!!! (Story necessary).....

The mine sequence was initially just going to be one mine, and have Vincantos find the ONLY mine in the entire system, and as I was writing that, my mind was drawn back to the previosu forum and the slating which I gave Vincantos..... but I also then needed a way to deal with the Klingons effectively, and I didn't like the way I originally had that planned...... (No, I won't tell, but it involved the one tribble the crew found in the shuttle). Then I remembered that one Enterprise episode with the guy stuck outside the ship with the mine and thought, "Hmmmmm......" But that caused more issues, I was going to have Mann find a way to detach the single mine, and lob it at the Klingons, but that didn't really come out as planned either.....

I just happened to be watching Galaxy Quest on a rerun and took the cheap cop out..... But it worked so!!!!

Will post RT 2 probably next week sometime after my minor surgery heals!!!

Thanks for the feedback folks!
Dr. Allison Reed: It's over, it's over. You did great! Do you need anything? Can we get you anything?
Harry Block: Ice cream... I'd like an ice cream please.
Dr. Allison Reed: Okay, what flavor?
Harry Block: It doesn't matter. It's for my ass.
Traks Fan

Post by Donald »

Hi Y'all,

I'm probably being a bit dense here, but I can't find a link to Origins 2.10.

Can anyone help a wee Scot lost in the 23rd century?

Donald
Power is Nothing without control. That's why I'm not allowed either!
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
Traks Fan

Post by Donald »

That worked a treat.

Much obliged, Supreme Leader :D
Traks Fan

Post by Donald »

Right I'm up to 2.11 now.

Do any more exist? Or do I suffer in silence from Devonshire interuptus? :twisted:

D
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

I have been promised by the Mad One himself that more Origins is on the way. He didn't say when, but he strongly implied that it would be soon...ish.
El yerno no favorito

Post by Star Traks »

Glad to hear the good news !!!

Post stories like those old Ernest Gallio [exact spelling unsure at the moment] wine ads saying '...we sell no wine before its time...'

Take Care !!!
Distant Origin 3.23 Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
Chakotay: [referring to injury] Do you always harpoon the local wildlife?