Extended Runs or One-offs?

This is the place to discuss the various Star Traks series and stories.

Should I post occasional one-off stories when I can or wait until there's a full run to post?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:45 pm

Post what you have when you can. Who cares about schedules?
50%
I'd rather have a run of stories, so I can stick with the same group of characters for a while.
50%
Umm...I really don't care. I'm just here to post spam. Want some pharmaceuticals?
No votes

Total votes: 2

Head Traks Guy

Extended Runs or One-offs?

Post by cmdrajd »

As you may have noticed (assuming that anyone is still out there), things have been rather quiet of late on the posting front. I can't speak for the other authors, but I know that I have been receiving a fairly thorough butt-kicking from my usual antagonist: Real Life. However, before this year's thrashing began, I had started work on my long gestating series idea set during the timeframe of Original Trek. My hope was that by July I would have enough stories completed to start posting a six-story run (Actually, I planned to have 6 stories written plus a couple of Boldlys for the next run. Clearly I was delusional).

The calendar has kindly let me know that I missed my goal ("Kindly" is an inaccurate description. Actually, I'm feeling kind of mocked.). But while I may not have 6 stories completed, I do have a couple in the proverbial can. I don't, however, know how soon I'll get anything else completed. So I'm either going to be sitting on what I have for who knows how long, or I could just post what I have with the understanding that more will show up when it's done and not a moment sooner, if it shows up at all. I understand that that could be annoying for those of you reading the stories, though, which leads to the poll question accompanying this bit of rambling.
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
Captain Silverado

Re: Extended Runs or One-offs?

Post by b-guy »

Myself, I prefer runs of a few storie, otherwise I have to go back and re-read the last ones, because I've usually forgotten who the characters are and what's happened so far.

Incidently, I have one more store to write before I can post the first 8-story run of Halfway to Haven.
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

At this point, any new Traks is better than the current run of nothing (I'm still working on my stuff too, btw). The old stuff is still awesome but new stuff is always appreciated.

Post by Tangent »

Appearing after a decade to say... post what you have when you have it.

I don't want to see this place dead-er.
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

Thanks for popping up after a decade!

I think you're going to see a mix moving forward. I know Brendan has a couple of things just about ready to post, but I am determined to have the entire Boldly Gone Series 10 run written before we start posting it. I'm still aiming for this year. Within the next couple of months even, if we can get this last story wrapped up.
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"