Star Traks: Machinima

Making a movie? Creating a picture? Composing an opera? Talk about it in here.
Captain Silverado

Star Traks: Machinima

Post by b-guy »

Well, I guess since there's been no news on the Machinima front, there's been no reason to resurrect this thread after the old forum was lost. Still isn't much news.

Buut...

Just a heads up that I've finally gotten around to digging up my old Machinima files, the higher-quality ones from the DVD, and have begun uploading them onto YouTube. The original uploads were done before YouTube started offering HD quality on their uploads. So those of you who didn't get a copy of the DVD will soon be able to see the complete 720p version of Star Traks: Machinima, uploaded in 4 parts. Granted, my screen capture software wasn't that great to begin with, but you should still see a substantial improvement.

Should be finished uploading tomorrow morning.

Brendan
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
Makin' Traks

Re: Star Traks: Machinima

Post by borgcrazy »

So, what you're saying is, I should expect to see your Channel in the next Subscription Update email I get from YT?
Sweet!
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

The fantasticalologically digitally remastered Star Traks: Machinima is now online.

Well, OK. They're not digitally remastered. These are the original videos, before I had to crunch them down to fit on YouTube's old low-quality video format. They're not really fantasticalogical either, since I just made that word up.

Anyway, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 2E1F9D8EC9

Brendan
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

So, I was sitting at Starbucks the other day and thinking to myself 'Self, wouldn't it be cool to do another Machinima project?'

Then I thought 'Self, that's a shit-load of work you're talking about'. Followed by 'Yeah, well. It doesn't hurt to look into it, does it?'

So I'm looking into it. There are a couple things that I've considered, and that I wanted to throw out to the Traks community.

1) This will probably be another Silverado episode. I'm working on Halfway to Haven, but I haven't developed those characters enough for something like this.

2) Not sure if I'd use the Quake 3/Star Trek Elite Force 2 enginge again or not. It's outdated and kinda clunkly. I've checked out a program called iClone, meant specifically for animation. It's got character creation tools, lip-sync, 3DS Max import/export, and has the potention to do some really interesting stuff. The drawback would be that I'd probably have to re-build all the sets, but they'd probably look a hell of a lot better.

3) The story. This is the big thing, because I definately think the first half of the story was the weakest point in the original machinima. If myself or some combinatino of Traks authors can have a good story put together before any other work begins, I think this attempt would be more successful.

So...anybody interested?
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

I'm absolutely in. The last one was a lot of fun.
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

My first test animation with iClone is complete!

Ever wonder what would happen if a Star Traks writer ever found himself face to face with one of his characters? Probably not rainbows and lollipops...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wh2kEka ... e=youtu.be
Working on:

Website Upgrades
El yerno no favorito

Post by Star Traks »

very good script - as for the exchange part 'what are you...a God?'

The Shust response reminds of a Ghostbuster film part where the evil medium asks Ackroyd if he was a God...well you know what a fellow Ghostbuster said to Ackroyd along the effect: 'Damn it, when someone asks if you are a God, you say YES!' :lol:

Powerful software - Full shots of characters on the ground show a shadow effect - could be a ISP/software issue on my part - occasional slight hints of wind in background * . Chances are interior shots in Haven would NOT involve shadows or wind effects [barring of course items such as airlock/hull failures, etc.

* if I find time, I'll see what may be reasonably done with a XP desktop. XP software will be similar to a HUDSON Hornet - worked great during its time in the sun, however, XP support and software are not forever
GTG
Distant Origin 3.23 Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
Chakotay: [referring to injury] Do you always harpoon the local wildlife?
Queen of BorgSpace

Post by Meneks »

Well, since my old laptop has gone belly-up, requiring me to drag out my even older desktop, I guess that gives my an excuse to check up on stuffs. Goodness knows I'm not going to be working on my story-in-progress until I know if the computer is toast or not, and if so, if the harddrive can at least be salvaged and dumped to an external drive. Anyway...

I like the test. As previous comment, nice script. However, was the interior lighting a bit off and dark? Or is it just the way my (even, even older, yet still working) LCD monitor was showing it? No biggie. I think my favorite was the "nasal castrated duck", else the allusion to the BorgSpace version of Writers being crazy somethings shoving scripts through mail slots.

Cannot wait to see where you go from here, when you get the time!
Currently working on -
Star Traks: BorgSpace - Book 3, Part 1 - "Invocation of the Birds - Ruffled Vulture, Dusty Pheonix"

--Time is merely an illusion perpetrated by the manufacturers of space
(Anonymous)