Star Traks: Tug Force

Making a movie? Creating a picture? Composing an opera? Talk about it in here.
Traks Fan

Star Traks: Tug Force

Post by Donald »

Gentlebeings. After a gestation period longer than that of an African Elephant, my first ever story is nearly ready to be let loose.

This flows back to the final story of Silverado season 4. Jall had just fried the ship, everyone was floating off to the ceiling, and I thought, "Wow, they'll need a whole load of bits to patch that up. I wonder how they'll get them there?"

So I thought of a Traks cargo ship, then discarded it. A tug though, with a rogue computer and a bunch of malcontents but a good Captain. That might work.

To be honest, it'll probably be a short run. Maybe 4 or 5 stories, although since this one is nothing like how I'd first thought of it anything could happen. Are they supposed to do that? And it'll end with them arriving at Matria with enough bits to build a complete ship. But wouldn't it be funny if they arrived 4 hours before Silverado left? Over to you Brendon.
Power is Nothing without control. That's why I'm not allowed either!
Makin' Traks

Re: Star Traks: Tug Force

Post by borgcrazy »

Donald wrote: Are they supposed to do that?
Supposed to? No idea, but in my personal experience, they do that on a regular basis anyway, whether they're supposed to or not.
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Of course, anything with the word 'Silverado' in is it going to excite me...that said, I think it's a cool idea. God knows, that ship has needed enough repairs to keep a fleet of tugs busy...

I dunno if you've been following H2H at all, but there have been a couple of hints of Silverado's reconstruction, along with movement of stuff between Starfleet and Matria. So the tug story would fit in well. There's also a lot of oppurtunities to run into the expected on the way, since most trips to Matria have been on a straight line between Matria Prime/Senous and Waystation. (Colonel Abela already found that out the hard way once.)

I can certain see them showing up just in time for Silverado to depart. 'Oh...the Hummingbird towed them back to Federation space half an hour ago...where the hell have you guys BEEN???' followed shortly by 'Ohhh...advanced Federation shipbuilding components? GIMMI-GIMMI-GIMMI!!!'.

As for 'are they supposed to do that'...well...most of my stories turn out different than I planned. By the time I finished Season 5, I was a full season off of my original plan for the Qu'Eh/Haven/Matrian story arc. So take that as you will. ;)
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
Traks Fan

Post by Donald »

I've only dipped into H2H, but not deeply enough to pass comment as real life keeps interfering. Got a week off soon, it's on the "to do" list. I did note that the refit is progressing.

My thory is that Haven don't know these bits are coming. Actually, neither do Starfleet. I figure Starfleet is a big organisation. Therfore when something happens a reaction occurs automatically. So one broken ship, send a tug with parts to it. This happens automatically before anyone actually decides whether to fix it or not. So the admiral's decision not to proceed with the refit doesn't filter down to this level.

So it arrives at Haven, and it's reason for being no longer exists. What if the Matrian defence forces rebuild it for themselves? And do the MDF have their "problem officers?"

Just a notion.
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Heh...yes, I definately get the idea of a ship that's slipped through the administrative cracks. Ohh...don't get me started. But yes, for sure, go with it!

As for what the MDF do with it...well, a couple of their problem officers are on Haven, but I'm sure they've got more. The Senousians and the Qu'Eh are also in the area, one race being very, VERY friendly and the other not so much.

As for the fate of the ship-parts...dunno. The Matrians might spirit them away and try building their own ship, they might do it openly at Haven (part of the city's mission, actually), of they might get lost in the administration again...ending up in some Indiana Jones style hanger with hundreds of other crates...

In any event, any involvement with the Matrians is something you probably don't have to worry about until the end of your run. I'm eager to see what you come up with for the voyage itself.
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
Traks Fan

Post by Donald »

.ending up in some Indiana Jones style hanger with hundreds of other crates...
I'm sensing a Warehouse 13 crossover here! With a mix of Starfleet and Matrian artifacts causing chaos. It's better than my notion of a locally crewed starship replacing Siverado freeing them to go forth and screw up other things.

Anyway, the Qu'eth are easily defeated now, when they open hailing frequencies, Play the Red Flag in the background and identify yourself as the General Secretary of the Assosiated Union of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen, then tell them you're arming ballot papers. By the time ACAS get there to sort out the dispute, you'll have had time to get reinforcements!
Traks Fan

Post by Donald »

"The management would like to apologise for the continuing delay to the above story, This is due to literary Constipation. Or possibly Leaves on the Line."

Basically, when I reread what I'd written, I realised I'd only written half a story. I'm still working on this, but I will only guarentee it's delivery for Christmas. Which Christmas is in the lap of the literary gods.

So, watch this space.

Donald