Bridge WIP

Making a movie? Creating a picture? Composing an opera? Talk about it in here.
Captain Silverado

Bridge WIP

Post by b-guy »

So. I decided I wanted to try designing a starship bridge using something a little more advanced than the frickin' Quake 3 editor I used for Silverado's bridge. And I decided it WASN'T going to be Silverado's bridge. (Although it almost could be.) So...can you guess which Traks bridge this ship is supposed to belong to? (Snagged the linked images from the Traks facebook page...hopefully they work.)

This is an early concep model of the bridge in question, and has work to do. Everything is fairly low detail. Once it is finished and the...the other author and I have agreen on general layout, I'll start rebuilding it to a greater level of detail. Oh, and FYI, the ugle Haven chairs are just there as placeholders until I design something better. Later.

Incidentlly...if anybody is good and created LCARS-type panels, I'm going to need you at some point...
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Re: Bridge WIP

Post by b-guy »

Still working on the bridge design. I posted a pair of 360 degree-view videos of the completed 'proof of concept' bridge, which are on the Star Traks facebook page. If you haven't popped over there yet to give them a 'Like', please do.

http://www.facebook.com/startraks

I'm currently working over the WIP bridge in order to improve it enough to use it in an animation or two. This is involving two main things: refining the models that make up the bridge so they don't look as clunky, and creating more detailed textures that make the bridge look a bit more real. This retexturing has also involved the creation of brand new, custom-made LCARS displays for this bridge. They're slow going, but the more elements I create, the more I can re-use them for future panels. Here's an early shot of a panel I posted to Facebook...once I have this environmental one close to finished, I'll post some updated pics.

I'm posting this stuff to Facebook first in the hope of getting a bit more attention for the Nexus, so if you haven't already, please pop over there and check it out.

Brendan
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades