December Check-In

Got something non-Star Traks related to say? Put it in here.
Head Traks Guy

December Check-In

Post by cmdrajd »

It's been a bit quiet around here of late, but not so much in my real life. Still, I wanted to pop my head up, say hi, and see how everyone was doing.

As for me, the story I thought that I would finish and be posting in November still isn't finished, and, with the holidays quickly closing in, I have doubts that it will be finished before the end of the calendar year.

Otherwise, though, life has been trucking along nicely. Work has been keeping me pretty busy, though. Fortunately, I've taken the week between Christmas and New Year's off, which will hopefully allow me to rest and recharge a bit. And unlike last year, we'll be hanging around the house, which should be relatively stress-free.

So how is everyone else?
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
El yerno no favorito

Re: December Check-In

Post by Star Traks »

Glad to hear things are going well for you, hopefully everyone else is doing as well :!:

Keeping very busy here in Multitasking Zone prioritizing issues concerning family, extended family health issues, house/car items, work. The English language may not adequately describe how dynamic our priority list has been recently*.

Just remember an old wine commercial slogan [to the effect 'We sell no wine before its time'] when writing your stories. Take an appropriate amount of time writing those stories.

Take Care!

Wishing one and all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :D

* edit shown in italics
Last edited by Star Traks on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Distant Origin 3.23 Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
Chakotay: [referring to injury] Do you always harpoon the local wildlife?
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Doing OK here. In the middle of exams, 3 down and 2 to go. Once they're done it's off to Manitoba for the holidays, along with a family ski trip to British Columbia.

Grad ring arrived today, and I ordered my sword for the commissioning ceremony. Things are actually starting to wrap up at the college...the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter. Another semester of classes, completion of my 4th year design project and another physical performance test and it'll all be over. I've also been appointed Cadet Squadron Training Officer for my squadron, which puts me in charge of dress, deportment, discipline and room standards.

Apparently somebody forgot to tell them I'm a Traks author...

EDIT: Speaking of which, I'm just about half-way through the fourth Star Traks: Halfway to Haven story. Originally titled 'The Way We Want To Be', the title has been changed to 'Hospitality' after the B-plot staged a coup and pushed the A-plot back a story.
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

b-guy wrote:the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.
Careful, that could be an oncoming train! :shock:
As for things here, "December Check-In" is ironically appropriate as I'm just starting a new job at the local Comfort Inn. Tonight will be my third night of training as the new Front Desk Clerk(tm) for the graveyard shift.
In other news, I've more or less settled in with my sweetie in Auburn and we're "working out the details". Sometimes vociferously, but any good relationship takes time, effort and patience, all of which we're willing to give each other.

Post by Ruler J »

I've also been fairly busy the last month! I've started a new job, I now work as an editor for a market research company, and therefore spend my days editing two-hundred page articles on the Chinese mining industry or the packaging industry in South Africa. Surprisingly enough I actually love the job, I find the reports very interesting and didn't think the job would be this much fun. The one side effect is that after spending 8-5 staring at a computer screen my desire to write Traks or do something on the wiki is somewhat lacking, hence the drop off in production. But hopefully once I'm more settled into the job the drive will return.
The other major piece of news is that I'm now engaged, which is incredibly exciting. I've just started the whole process of working out costs for everything and working out all the logistics, which is very exciting too but at the same time draining. If only I had a Spa and Hotel previously owned by a crazed villain....
Previously writing: Incongruous Voyages Season 2 (since 2007)
Currently writing: Incongruous Voyages Season 2
Futurely writing: to the dictionary, to include the word "futurely"
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

Congratulations, Ruler J! The new job and engagement are going to intrude on your writing. It's just the way these things go. My output dropped precipitously once I started working a regular job as opposed to my former career in academia. Of course, having two kids has been a bit of a distraction as well.

And BC, I hope all is going well with your new living arrangements.

As it's December 24th, I should also take a moment to say Happy Holidays to you all! All I want for Christmas is to FINISH THE STORY I STARTED BACK IN AUGUST!!!

:D
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
'Orribly Original
Location: Officially somewhere dark and unheard of, south UK.

Post by Mad Lensman »

I am ALIVE!!!! - Honest!

I'll be back full time soon, but dealing with a stupidly large ID theft case is taking all my time at present!!!!

Merry Christmas to all - I am here in spirit folks!!!! 8-)
Dr. Allison Reed: It's over, it's over. You did great! Do you need anything? Can we get you anything?
Harry Block: Ice cream... I'd like an ice cream please.
Dr. Allison Reed: Okay, what flavor?
Harry Block: It doesn't matter. It's for my ass.
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

Mad Lensman wrote:Merry Christmas to all - I am here in spirit folks!!!! 8-)
Wait, you mean that ghost in the living room moaning, "Zommmbies... ZOMMMMBIES!!!" has been you all this time? Dammit, Mad, you're making my gf mad... and you wouldn't like her when she's mad.
Anyway, Happy Merry Christmahanakah everyone, and to all a good fright! (Well, the last part if Mad's spirit haunts you like he's been doing me! :lol: )
Queen of BorgSpace

Post by Meneks »

How about a January (almost February) check-in?

Yes, I'm still alive (and writing...check the story forum for the latest update), but it seems that the last month has zoomed by. I do not know where it went! Hopefully I'll be checking in here a bit more often...

I blame work. Yes, work...that is always the best thing to blame.

And the weather. If it was nastier outside, then I'd have reason to be at the computer. Instead, it is balmy, mid-50's with no rain (sorry, east coasters), utterly not what it is supposed to be in January in northern California. Hence, I've been forced to resume staining my fence on the weekends, something I thought I'd given up in October. Oh, well. No fence today, given it finally rained a small bit last night.

Instead, I can clean the house...and be on-line for a bit.
Currently working on -
Star Traks: BorgSpace - Book 3, Part 1 - "Invocation of the Birds - Ruffled Vulture, Dusty Pheonix"

--Time is merely an illusion perpetrated by the manufacturers of space
(Anonymous)