I am not a Spammer/Spambot: The Introductory Thread

Got something non-Star Traks related to say? Put it in here.
Traks Fan

Re: I am not a Spammer/Spambot: The Introductory Thread

Post by Donald »

borgcrazy wrote:
Mad Lensman wrote:
Donald wrote:Spent the last 30 years working for the railways, currently as a Safety Trainer.
They have those on British railways??? Oh wow - here was me thinking everything got that unsafe all on it's very ownsome!!! - Welcome to the fold Donald - be watching out for some rail related mayhem coming soon to a txt file near you....! :D
Translation: Duck, cover and keep a fire extinguisher charged and nearby at all times!

Should I get into full protective clothing, or will my Heath and Safety official clipboard and pen save me? :D

And of course the railways are safe! It's only taken us 180 years to get to this level.

ermmmm ........ point taken.
Power is Nothing without control. That's why I'm not allowed either!
El yerno no favorito

Post by Star Traks »

[quote="Donald...
And of course the railways are safe! It's only taken us 180 years to get to this level.

ermmmm ........ point taken.[/quote]

How very true that progress takes time as people learn that design parameters need change;
Submarines evolved considerably since the CSS Hunley during the US Civil War.
Distant Origin 3.23 Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
Chakotay: [referring to injury] Do you always harpoon the local wildlife?
'Orribly Original
Location: Officially somewhere dark and unheard of, south UK.

Post by Mad Lensman »

Well Said Traks.....

And yes, the british railways have made progress..... At least the sandwiches now have REAL ham in them!!!! :lol: :lol:

(I'm only teasing Don..... Welcome aboard!)
Dr. Allison Reed: It's over, it's over. You did great! Do you need anything? Can we get you anything?
Harry Block: Ice cream... I'd like an ice cream please.
Dr. Allison Reed: Okay, what flavor?
Harry Block: It doesn't matter. It's for my ass.
Traks Fan

Post by Donald »

Mad Lensman wrote:Well Said Traks.....

And yes, the british railways have made progress..... At least the sandwiches now have REAL ham in them!!!! :lol: :lol:

But I know where the bread came from.............................. :twisted: :twisted:

Nice to be aboard. does one salute the quarterdeck on boarding?
Power is Nothing without control. That's why I'm not allowed either!
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

Aw hell, you can salute the WHOLE deck if it pleases you.
And ... I probably just made a total idiot of myself with that. Oh well, as those who know me can attest, it's a feeling I'm quite familiar with...
El yerno no favorito

Post by Star Traks »

Donald wrote:
Mad Lensman wrote:Well Said Traks.....

But I know where the bread came from.............................. :twisted: :twisted:

Nice to be aboard. does one salute the quarterdeck on boarding?

Power is Nothing without control. That's why I'm not allowed either!*

Welcome aboard, Donald.
Tough question on saluting in this forum; both the Cmdr and CaptainB need to field that question.
There is a classic contrast between ideal protocol and reality; in reality one ends up saluting [literally] anything that moves. Saluting nuances are truncated during underway transfers.
The crew is good at heart. I'll leave you now so you can get acqainted will fellow crew mates.

Nice phrase *Power is Nothing without control. That's why I'm not allowed either!* I've been there, done that, quite the experiences in responsibility without authority.
The experiences mirror a line from the Charge of the Light Brigade: it is not our duty to reason why but do or die.
Last edited by Star Traks on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Distant Origin 3.23 Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

Star Traks wrote:*Power is Nothing without control. That's why I'm not allowed either!*
Reminds me of "Around here, I have a responsible position; when things go wrong, I'm responsible!"
El yerno no favorito

Post by Star Traks »

[quote="Donald"]...

Nice to be aboard. does one salute the quarterdeck on boarding?Power is Nothing without control. That's why I'm not allowed either![quote="Donald"]...

For the Record, Donald both owns and deserves full credit for 'Power is Nothing without control. That's why I'm not allowed either!'

I do second Borgcrazy's observations on assignment of responsibility politics when something goes wrong

Back to Parenthood !
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

The spammers seems to have stepped up their attacks a bit over the last couple of days. If you haven't noticed, good. That means that we're deleting their posts in time. Thank you to everyone who has alerted me when the spammer's crap shows up. I check the forums a few times a day and try to weed out the obvious spam registrations. Google is my friend for that job. But please keep those alerts coming.

Now there is one easy way around this. I could make it so (see what I did there) I have to approve all registrations. I don't want to do that on the off chance that someone actually wants to join and add to the admittedly-light conversations here. Delaying those potential real members until I can approve them may cause them not to bother to post at all. So, unless the spam tide turns into a tsunami, I intend to keep up the fight.

Alan
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
'Orribly Original
Location: Officially somewhere dark and unheard of, south UK.

Post by Mad Lensman »

Star Traks wrote:For the Record, Donald both owns and deserves full credit for 'Power is Nothing without control. That's why I'm not allowed either!'
Don't worry - When I nick it for an Origins ep I'll give him full credit..... :lol:

And just where DOES the bread in a british rail sandwich come from???? I have to know now!!!! :D
Dr. Allison Reed: It's over, it's over. You did great! Do you need anything? Can we get you anything?
Harry Block: Ice cream... I'd like an ice cream please.
Dr. Allison Reed: Okay, what flavor?
Harry Block: It doesn't matter. It's for my ass.