The Orville

Got something non-Star Traks related to say? Put it in here.
Makin' Traks

The Orville

Post by borgcrazy »

Okay, two episodes in and I freaking LOVE this show already. This is as close to a Star Traks TV production as I think we're going to get without violating copyright laws. The fact that there are a couple Trek alums involved only makes it sweeter. Given the direction Star Trek is going, Orville is a breath of fresh air; I only wish this was able to be called Star Trek...
Although, a Traks/Orville crossover would be pretty damn sweet, now that I think about it. Maybe after a couple more episodes and the characters and setting get a little more firmly established someone should take a stab at that idea...
Captain Silverado

Re: The Orville

Post by b-guy »

Sorry for the late reply...I haven't been on the forum in a while.

Yes, I've really been enjoying The Orville. It does seem a lot like a Traks series on TV, though some of the jokes in the first couple of episodes fell kinda flat.

I've also been enjoying Star Trek:Discovery. I thought I was going to hate it, but I've rather like it. I've been watching both series. With The Expanse coming back for another season and WestWorld filming a second season, there seems to be a nice variety of sci-fi.

Now if we could just have another proper Stargate series...
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
El yerno no favorito

Re: The Orville

Post by Star Traks »

Greetings to all forum members - Hopefully things are going well for you

Concur on the Orville episodes emulating themes from today's issues compared to Star Trek TOS

GTG
Distant Origin 3.23 Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
Chakotay: [referring to injury] Do you always harpoon the local wildlife?