Real Life Traks Incidents

Got something non-Star Traks related to say? Put it in here.
Makin' Traks

Real Life Traks Incidents

Post by borgcrazy »

My friend and I were just talking about a British-style pub here in town called "The Captain's Table". I giggled and asked, "Was there a reject's table in it?"
I just got an unamused glare, which totally means I have to go make one now. Incidentally, all Traks authors have a reserved seat at the reject's table in The Captain's Table.
Wait, that didn't sound nearly as complimentary as I meant it to...
'Orribly Original
Location: Officially somewhere dark and unheard of, south UK.

Re: Real Life Traks Incidents

Post by Mad Lensman »

........ Is that your back handed way of inviting us all out for a drink? :lol: :lol:
Dr. Allison Reed: It's over, it's over. You did great! Do you need anything? Can we get you anything?
Harry Block: Ice cream... I'd like an ice cream please.
Dr. Allison Reed: Okay, what flavor?
Harry Block: It doesn't matter. It's for my ass.
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

I MUST visit this bar!
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Yesterday's Traks incident:

Our squadron water-polo IM team lost to our sister squadron. No big change, we lost a lot last year. Anyway, one player on the opposing team is a member of the colleg water polo club, and so plays very aggressively. (ie dirty). He's also teaching the rest of his team to kick, grab, elbow and so forth.

So we were gathered in our team having our little after-action review, and I commented, well out of earshot of the other team, 'Don't worry about it...we might lose now and then, but [he] will always have a small penis'. (Apparently there were shower jokes, and he's rather sensitive about this.

So our female team captain throws a high five and says 'To [his] small penis!!'. Of course, the entire team starts high-fiving and giggling.

Well, we drew the attention of the player in question. Not knowing what we were talking about, he runs over with this big grin on his face and starts high-fiving all of us.

I felt kinda bad, but I can't remember the last time I've laughed so hard.
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

To revisit this old chestnut...

It intra-murals yesterday, I'd spent half an hour on the treadmill before showing up at our game, and my legs were sort of rubbery. My buddy Alex was playing with us, even though he's not on our IM team. Anyway, I called 'Hey Alex' across the gym. He runs over and, to my surprise, tries to jump into my arms. He's a big guy, my height (6'3) and probably has 20lbs on me. Needless to say, I fell to the floor, dropping him in the progress.

His response? "Wow, you did a shitty job of catching me'.
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
El yerno no favorito

Post by Star Traks »

Life reflecting Crash Course/Vexed Generation where fictional characters entered academies

In the previous forum [which was lost in an black hole], members heard of a former neighbor's son who entered West Point. Now, one of my nephews is thinking about an academy.

Take Care !!!
Distant Origin 3.23 Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
Chakotay: [referring to injury] Do you always harpoon the local wildlife?
El yerno no favorito

Post by Star Traks »

Greetings !!!

My work envirnoment mirrors elements from Silverado series on Qu'Eh and Traks Conway character - the # 3 boss is justifying her existence on analyzing/handling productivity reports - many team leaders/supers now include time spent on completing weekly productivity reports.
Distant Origin 3.23 Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
El yerno no favorito

Post by Star Traks »

Mayor Ford crashes into fire hydrant following Team Canada win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... CXgTq8NyL0

Real life mirroring fictional news clips in original 'Robocop' movie
El yerno no favorito

Post by Star Traks »

How to Justify Upgrading Your Computer

http://www.isitfunnytoday.com/view.php? ... ,69361&t=f

priceless cartoon, reflecting work beyond computersincluding, but not limited to replacement of a faulty coolant level switch [located inside the coolant recovery tank] in an '03 Ion. No coolant loss but coolant level alarm was annoying. Far less grief replacing the coolant level switch / tank than dealing with my wife/children on alarm issues
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

That cartoon is great!
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"