2010 Wrap Up/2011 Preview

This is the place to discuss the various Star Traks series and stories.
Head Traks Guy

2010 Wrap Up/2011 Preview

Post by cmdrajd »

Seeing as it's already well into February, I'm a wee bit late with this year's State of Traks report. Oops. Sorry about that, folks.

Look back at the 2010 preview I wrote at the beginning of last year, I'm pleased to say that almost everything mentioned there came to pass. Anthony finished posting Vexed Generation, Brendan posted the second half of Season Four of Silverado, Maija posted 9 stories of her Cube #238 mini-series, and Anthony and I actually posted Boldly Gone Series NIne. Also, thanks to Brendan, we established a presence on Facebook. All in all, it was a good year with a lot of stories posted.

So how is 2011 looking?

Umm...well...other than story #10 of the Cube #238 mini-series, it's been a quiet year so far. There are, however, several things in progress from the various Traks authors. As he announced at the end of Silverado Season Four, Brendan is working on a spin-off series, Halfway to Haven. If Maija's forum signature is to be believed, she's writing more stories in the Cube #238 mini-series. Mad Lensman has promised more Star Traks: Origins this year, Anthony may or may not be working on something or other, he and I are in the planning stages for Boldly Gone Series Ten, and I have a couple of things in the works.

What I don't know is when any of this will be posted. Last year, things were fairly front-loaded, which lead to a quiet November and December. This year may be the opposite. We shall see. But while we may be in a lull currently, Star Traks isn't dead. Not by a long shot.

Once again, I want to sincerely thank you all for reading, writing, and supporting Star Traks. This year marks the 19th year since I started the first story, and we're still going. That's pretty amazing as far as I'm concerned.

Alan
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
Makin' Traks

Re: 2010 Wrap Up/2011 Preview

Post by borgcrazy »

First!
Sorry! Been reading too many YouTube comments...
Anyway, since I don't have a lot of quiet time at home to write, I've been working on Governor's Song at work between duties. I've now got 3 graveyard shifts on my schedule, which means lots of quiet time at work to type.
To put it in perspective, I've been able to write more in the last 3 weeks than I have in the last year!
So, if this job pans out, I'll be able to post far more frequently than I have. Just don't tell my boss...
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Second! Wait...that's not worth any prize money? Forget it then.

I'll be a bit of nit-picker and point out that Silverado Season 5 posted this past year...but given the storyline it seems kinda fair to call it the second half of Season 4. But anyway.

Four Halfway to Haven stories are finished, with two more half-done. (Story 5 was pushed back to become the mid-season double and a new story 5 started).

That being said, I doubt I'll be posting before August. As of today, there are 97 Days to Graduation, counting today. Events at RMC are flying fast and hard...Westpoint Exchange Weekend (so glad I don't go there), water-polo tournaments (I look terrible in a speedo), 4th Year Army Mess Dinner, 100 Days to Grad Party, 4th Year Design Project...it's getting increasingly crazy. This is my first Saturday morning off in at least three weeks, and I have to admit that I'd rather lay around in bed before tackling homework as opposed to dragging my ass to Starbuck's to write. Tomorrow I'll probably jump back on Story 5.

On the bright side, I learned yesterday that my next training course doesn't start until next January, so I'll have seven months of relatively peaceful, 9-5 living after graduation.

Looking forward to see what hilarity 2011 brings!
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

b-guy wrote:I'll be a bit of nit-picker and point out that Silverado Season 5 posted this past year...but given the storyline it seems kinda fair to call it the second half of Season 4. But anyway.
Whoops. That was my bad. That's what I get for just copying straight of out last year's post.
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
Queen of BorgSpace

Post by Meneks »

Yes...you can believe my signature! Foul, I say! Foul to not believe the signature!

I fully expect to finish up the Cube #238 mini-series. I (hope) to churn out a story a month, at a minimum and assuming too many shiny objects do not distract me. As the weather is about to return to a seasonal bent - rain/cold as opposed to 50+ degree days that beg for garden work or hiking [sorry mid-West and East coast people] - I'll be homebound once again.

As of sometime today, I'll also have officially started Assimilations, Part II; which will keep me amused during those times when I need distraction from Cube #238. I refuse to commit myself to a number, but I hope to have more than one of these done by the end of the year.

Other than that, I will keep puttering away.

**OH! SHINY!** ;)
Currently working on -
Star Traks: BorgSpace - Book 3, Part 1 - "Invocation of the Birds - Ruffled Vulture, Dusty Pheonix"

--Time is merely an illusion perpetrated by the manufacturers of space
(Anonymous)
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Just as an update...

The first 8-story run of Halfway to Haven is complete. Season 1 will be a 16 story season, but it will probably be done in two runs of 8 stories. At this time, my main obstacle to posting is that I have to build the website. This has gotten a bit...er...problematic, as my FTP password stopped working, and my webspace is generously provided by Khobrah. Sadly, he's been MIA for a year or two. So I may have to get new webspace, re-upload the Silverado site and then build the Halfway to Haven site.

But I'm working on it.

As a break between H2H 1.8 and 1.9, I'm also trying to do the last two Crash Course stories. I haven't touched those in so long though that it's tough getting back into the characters. For anybody wondering about more Silverado, that might...I say might...be my next goal after H2H season 1 wraps up.
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades