When the Song fits the Situation

Got something non-Star Traks related to say? Put it in here.
Captain Silverado

When the Song fits the Situation

Post by b-guy »

This could possibly be a fun thread. Ever been in a situation and have the exact perfect song played? Jot it down here.

To start: A little 9 squadron tradition (now spreading to 10 squadron since we're in the same building) is that the first-years have the length of one song to shower in the evening. This, of course, is only during their brutal FYOP period, which ends October 2nd.

The song?

"Wake me up When September Ends"

It fits so well, it's scary.
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
'Orribly Original
Location: Officially somewhere dark and unheard of, south UK.

Re: When the Song fits the Situation

Post by Mad Lensman »

In the not too distant past, I had an occasion when the main brakes failed on my BMW I'd just bought from ebay for the sum of £400.... (Now I know why it's cheap.....!) Fortunately I knew there was a HUGE hill coming up which would slow the car down enough to safely stop and it was the middle of the night with not much traffic around... I turned the radio on for a little light stress relief....

The song playing???

Jefferson Starship - "Nothing's gonna stop us now....." :D
Dr. Allison Reed: It's over, it's over. You did great! Do you need anything? Can we get you anything?
Harry Block: Ice cream... I'd like an ice cream please.
Dr. Allison Reed: Okay, what flavor?
Harry Block: It doesn't matter. It's for my ass.
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

The other day I was walking home from work, wondering what I wanted to eat when I got there. Just as I passed the Wendy's between work and home, the VeggieTales tune, "His Cheeseburger" started playing on my mp3 player, making the decision for me.
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

As this is our last weekend of FYOP (finally!), I decided I wanted to use something other than the traditional 'O Fortuna' to wake up the troops.

So I picked 'Good Morning Baltimore', followed by Prozzak's 'Sucks to be you'.

The second one fits especially well.
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
El yerno no favorito

Post by Star Traks »

this is Monday 10/5 at Cubicle Town in Office Building

A big time Baltimore Ravens fan is really going off while talking with coworkers about officiating in the recent Baltimore/New England Game.
Then jango.com plays 'Super Bad' on my smooth jazz channel :lol:
Distant Origin 3.23 Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
Chakotay: [referring to injury] Do you always harpoon the local wildlife?
'Orribly Original
Location: Officially somewhere dark and unheard of, south UK.

Post by Mad Lensman »

One of our newely installed servers went up in smoke today in the main data room of our college - I happened to be working on installing the second one at the time and captured the whole event for posterity on a mobile phone. The song on my mp3 at the time?

Crash & Burn - The Bangles!!!
Dr. Allison Reed: It's over, it's over. You did great! Do you need anything? Can we get you anything?
Harry Block: Ice cream... I'd like an ice cream please.
Dr. Allison Reed: Okay, what flavor?
Harry Block: It doesn't matter. It's for my ass.
El yerno no favorito

Post by Star Traks »

One experience mirroring Mad Lensman's comments

I was multitasking and enjoying the moment at my office [typing a report while listening to jazz music via ear phones - everyone has their preferences, I'd rather listen to jazz music then typical office background noise] and then the cursed black screen showed up on all office screens.

The song before the system crash - Amy Winehouse – Back To Black ;)
Distant Origin 3.23 Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
Chakotay: [referring to injury] Do you always harpoon the local wildlife?
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

After buying a new phone today to replace the one I dropped in a toilet, my mp3 player (which is set to random at the moment) played the Newsboys song "My Friend Jesus", which is about a guy who calls customer support for a broken product, only to have his phone die just as he gets someone on the line. Dead phones and broken products? Yea, I didn't want to hear about it at that particular time...