Secrets of the Star Traks Video Game Revealed

Making a movie? Creating a picture? Composing an opera? Talk about it in here.
Head Traks Guy

Secrets of the Star Traks Video Game Revealed

Post by cmdrajd »

Over on the Original Star Traks site, you may have noticed that there's a video game. Maybe you even played it.

https://www.star-traks.com//original/game.html

Since I made the game and put it out there long before we had a forum. I don't think I've ever really said much about it. As it's over 20 years old now, I mainly hope that it still works. I think it does.

Anyway, here are a few facts about the game that you may or may not already know:
  • I made the game as a way to past the time when my son was a baby. I was home caring for him, and I was able to work on the game while he slept nearby in his little vibrating chair. Hard to believe he's in his 20s and 6 feet tall now.
  • Just about every NPC in the game can be spoken to at least twice and will respond differently
  • Several of the consoles on the bridge and the replicator in Rydell's ready room are interactive
  • If you've never tried it, use the bridge's other turbolift. You'll end up in a completely different part of the ship.
  • If you walk through middle of the left wall outside Engineering, you enter a secret realm where you can speak to The Writers! Or at least converse with digital versions of me and Anthony
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
Captain Silverado

Re: Secrets of the Star Traks Video Game Revealed

Post by b-guy »

I will admit, I've never played the game. I'm sure there's a way to get it running these days..assuming it doesn't just run fine on new versions of Windows.

(edit:)

Seems to run OK. It's in a window, and a bit small. Also no sound. But otherwise it seems to run. Do you remember if it was intended for Windows or DOS? Perhaps DoxBox would be helpful...
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
Head Traks Guy

Re: Secrets of the Star Traks Video Game Revealed

Post by cmdrajd »

I'm pretty sure it was Windows, but it was early 2000 when I made it. My memory is a bit fuzzy (or pretty much gone altogether).

I don't think there were sound effects either. At least none that I can recall. We'll add those and spoken dialogue for the remastered edition! :D
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"